Many supplements (vitamin, mineral, and amino) are not fully absorbed by the body when taken by mouth. One possible reason could be that some barrier(s) may exist in the gastrointestinal tract preventing adequate absorption. When said supplements are administered via an injection or intravenously (IV), much higher doses of these nutrients to be infused directly into the body.
Intravenous Nutrient Formulas are commonly used to assist in:
- Providing nutrition to patients who cannot consume food orally due to illness;
- Improving athletic performance & reduce muscle fatigue;
- Offering relief of hangover symptoms;
- Alcohol and/or drug withdrawal symptoms (Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome);
- Enhancing immune function against viral and bacterial infection
- Improve energy and reduce fatigue